Warm Kale Mushroom Salad
Full of nutrient dense kale leaves, earthy mushrooms, caramelized onions, topped off with melting goat cheese and crunchy walnuts. I absolutely love this salad and have converted several non salad eaters into believers!
- ½ tbsp oil of your choice (divided)
- ½ red onion sliced
- 8-10 mushrooms sliced
- 1 garlic clove diced
- ½ tbsp soy sauce or tamari sauce (gluten free)
- 3 cups chopped kale leaves
- 1 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- ¼ cup chopped walnuts
- 2 tbsp soft goat cheese
- Heat half of oil on frying pan over medium/low heat.
- Once heated, add garlic and stir until slightly browned.
- Add sliced red onions to oil and garlic mixture.
- Saute on medium/low until onion starts to softens and slightly brown, 5-10 minutes.
- Increase heat to medium, add mushrooms and soy sauce/tamari to softened onion, saute another 10 minutes.
- While onions and mushrooms are cooking, chop kale into bite sized pieces (remove stems).
- In a small mixing bowl combine half of oil, lemon juice, salt & pepper and mix well.
- Pour dressing over kale leaves and massage into leaves to soften them (i like to do this at the beginning so leaves have softened by the time you add mushroom/onions).
- Add your warm onion & mushroom mixture to kale.
- Top off with goat cheese and walnuts.
- Serve and enjoy!
Serving size: 1 Calories: 185 Fat: 10g Saturated fat: 2g Trans fat: 0 Carbohydrates: 18g Sugar: 7g Sodium: 978mg Fiber: 5g Protein: 11g Cholesterol: 0