Take Me to the Tropics Energy Balls
Well, I can thank a lovely trip to Cuba for the inspiration here, pina coladas and coconut juice for days! These balls are naturally sweet and full delicious ingredients to give you that boost during the day when you are on the run. The coconut provides you with quick energy and the cashews will keep you feeling full! Oh and the flavors will take you back to those pina coladas on the beach... sigh
- 1 cup pitted dates (i use medjool honey dates)
- ⅓ cup whole roasted cashews
- ¼ cup quick oats
- ¼ cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- ¼ cup sugar free dried pineapple chunks
- ⅛ cup sugar free dried papaya chunks
- ¼ tsp salt (i use pink Himalayan salt)
- If your dates are not soft - soak in hot water for a couple minutes before making recipe.
- Drain water from dates and add to food processor - process until dates make a paste.
- Add cashews, oats, coconut, dried fruit and salt to dates in processor.
- Process mixture until well blended but you can still see small chunks of your ingredients - approximately 2-3 minutes.
- Remove dough and roll out preferred size of energy balls.
- You can roll your energy ball in loose coconut to coat if you want more coconut taste!
Serving size: 1 Calories: 60 Fat: 2g Saturated fat: 1g Carbohydrates: 10g Sugar: 7g Sodium: 73mg Fiber: 1g Protein: 1g