Swiss Chard Veggie Wraps
Swiss chard is an impressive leafy vegetable packed with antioxidants, minerals, fibre and protein! The leaf is also sturdy enough and a perfect vehicle for wraps. These veggie wraps are really easy to whip up, make a great snack or lunch and you will definitely get your veggies in for the day! I recommend checking out my Spicy Peanut Ginger Dip or Chili Garlic Sauce for dipping these.
- 2 large swiss chard leaves - cut in half
- ½ avocado - sliced into thin strips
- ¼ carrot - julienned
- ¼ cucumber - julienned
- ¼ large red pepper - julienned
- ¼ cup bean sprouts
- ¼ cup shaved red cabbage
- handful enoki mushrooms
- 2 green onions - sliced thinly lengthwise
- 1 tbsp cilantro chopped
- 1 tbsp mint leaves chopped
- 1 tbsp thai basil chopped
- Cut large swiss chard leaf in half (cut horizontally across stem).
- Create large enough leaf portions to be able to fill and roll up.
- Layer your ingredients along the stem of the leaf so you can roll it easily from the side.
- Roll up and put a toothpick through the wrap or eat immediately.
Serving size: 1 roll Calories: 38 Fat: 1g Saturated fat: 0 Unsaturated fat: 0 Trans fat: 0 Carbohydrates: 6g Sugar: 2g Sodium: 66mg Fiber: 2g Protein: 2g Cholesterol: 0