Sweet With Heat Buffalo Meatballs
I wanted to create healthy, gluten and dairy free meatballs that were both juicy, crispy and had hints of sweet and spicy flavors. These are quick and easy to make and my go to recipe when i need to bring an appy for that last minute get together, oh I always get great reviews!
- 1 lb fresh ground extra lean ground chicken
- ½ cup oat flour
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp red chili flakes
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- ½ small green apple, peeled and diced
- 3 tbsp green onion diced
- 2 tbsp buffalo sauce for dipping
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a medium bowl add ground chicken, spices and oats until mixed well - i recommend getting in there with your hands and mixing.
- Fold diced apple and green onions into chicken mixture until evenly distributed.
- Roll into medium sized meatballs, they might be a bit sticky in your hands - put a little oil into your palms prior to rolling.
- Put on lightly oiled or non stick baking sheet onto middle rack in oven.
- Bake 15-18 minutes.
- Drizzle with buffalo sauce and dig in!
Serving size: 1 meatball Calories: 31 Fat: 1g Saturated fat: 0 Unsaturated fat: 0 Trans fat: 0 Carbohydrates: 2g Sugar: 0 Sodium: 208mg Fiber: 0 Protein: 5g Cholesterol: 12g