Slow Cooker Pulled Tandoori Chicken
An incredibly easy and tasty dinner idea, inspired by fragrant Indian spices. Throw everything in a slow cooker and relax as it does the work for you! You'll be left with delicious savory Tandoori Pulled Chicken to serve as you please, on rice, in lettuce wraps, with na'an bread... the options are endless!
- 3 medium skinless, boneless, chicken breasts - left whole
- 1 medium red onion - diced
- 1 tbsp Tandoori Spice mix (I love and use The Silk Road Spice Merchant Tandoori Masala blend)
- 3 cloves garlic - minced
- 2 tsp fresh ginger - grated
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 tsp fresh grated turmeric (or 1 tsp turmeric powder)
- ½ tsp red chili flakes
- 1 tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black ppeper
- 1 lime - juiced
- ½ tsp lime zest
- 300 ml coconut milk (I use A Taste of Thai lite coconut milk)
- Turn slow cooker to low.
- Add all ingredients in order to slow cooker, except chicken and stir until well mixed.
- Add chicken breasts to liquid and throw the lid on!
- Allow chicken to cook on high 3-4 hours or low 6-8 hours (I've tried both cooking methods and didn't notice a difference!)
- Thirty minutes prior to chicken being done, take two forks and start to shred your chicken to get your pulled chicken effect.
- Cook another 30 minutes with chicken being shredded.
- Serve on rice, in lettuce wraps, with na'an bread etc, try topping it off with my Mango Salsa and Mint Yogurt Sauce, so yummy!
Serving size: 1 serving Calories: 255 Fat: 7.9g Saturated fat: 11.3g Unsaturated fat: 0 Trans fat: 0 Carbohydrates: 9.1g Sugar: 4.1g Sodium: 639.6mg Fiber: 1.7g Protein: 37.4g Cholesterol: 0