Shrimpurrito Guacamole Bowls
These Cuban inspired light and fun Shrimpurrito Guacamole Bowls are so quick to whip up and pack a punch of bold flavors that will bring you back to sunny days and the ocean breeze. Try them out for a quick lunch that leaves you feeling satisfied! The combination of sweet tomatoes, corn, red peppers, and protein packed black beans balances out with the heat of chipotle and pops of fresh lime. The best part is the big ol' dollops of Cuban pineapple and cilantro guacamole!
- 1 tsp avocado oil (or oil of choice)
- 8-12 pieces of shrimp - peeled and tail removed
- 10-15 grape tomatoes - chopped
- ¼ cup canned black beans - drained and rinsed
- ¼ cup sweet canned corn
- ¼ red bell pepper - chopped
- 3 tsp fresh lime juice - divided
- 2 garlic cloves - divided
- ¾ tsp cumin
- ½ tsp chili powder
- Pinch of chipotle powder (add more to desired heat level!)
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- ½ avocado - mashed
- 1 tbsp cilantro - chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh pineapple - diced
- ½ head of green cabbage/butter leaf lettuce, separated into 3 bowls
- Combine tomatoes, black beans, corn, red pepper, 1 tsp lime juice, ½ clove garlic, cumin, chili powder, chipotle, salt and pepper to taste in a small bowl, mix well.
- Mix defrosted/fresh shrimp in a small bowl with 1 garlic clove, 1 tsp lime, pinch of chipotle, pinch of salt and pepper.
- Heat oil on a saute/frying pan over medium heat - add shrimp and saute until done.
- Mix mashed avocado, 2 tbsp cilantro, pineapple,1 tsp lime juice, ½ garlic clove, salt and pepper to taste in a bowl until well mixed.
- Time to assemble your masterpiece bowls!
- Put half your guacamole on the bottom of each bowl, top with bean mixture then add your shrimp on top, finish off with the rest of your guacamole and any other desired toppings (plain greek yogurt, green onions, cilantro etc).
- Squeeze a little fresh lime juice over each bowl and get messy eating these delicious little bowls!
Serving size: 3 bowls Calories: 330 Fat: 14.9g Saturated fat: 2g Unsaturated fat: 0 Trans fat: 0g Carbohydrates: 29.9g Sugar: 5.5g Sodium: 697mg Fiber: 9.5g Protein: 19.5g Cholesterol: 120mg