Shrimp Lettuce Tacos with Jicama Mango Slaw
Shrimp Lettuce Tacos with a crispy and fresh Jicama Mango Slaw tossed in Sweet Chili Lime dressing, so delicious! An easy dinner idea, lite and perfect for those sunny days and a great way to have some fun with your food and indulge in your favorite taco toppings!
- 24 pieces shrimp - peeled
- 12 butter leaf lettuce leaves
- 4 cups fresh jicama - peeled and cut/shredded small matchsticks (I use my small setting on a mandolin or a large grater)
- 1 large mango - peeled and cut into thin strips
- 1 large red pepper - cut into thin strips
- ½ large carrot - peeled and cut into small matchsticks/large grate
- ¼ large cucumber - skin on, cut into thin strips
- Handful Cilantro - chopped
- Sweet Chili Lime Dressing:
- 4 tbsp fresh squeezed Lime Juice
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 tbsp honey (I use Spring Drizzle Honey, the best!)
- 1 tsp chili powder
- ½ clove garlic - minced
- 1-2 tsps jalapeno - diced finely (add more if you like heat)
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- Pinch of pepper
- Taco toppings of your choice: avocado, fresh tomato, cilantro, jalapeno, red onion, feta cheese etc, have fun with flavors!
- Add all vegetables and fruit in large bowl to create slaw, toss in Sweet Chili Lime Dressing - this recipe makes a lot of slaw (6 cups), you will have extras!
- Save some of your dressing to marinade your shrimp in.
- Put shrimp on a skewer and BBQ until pink and cooked through - approximately 4 minutes per side for small shrimp.
- Assemble tacos, add slaw to each butter leaf, add shrimp, top with your favorite toppings.
- I used thinly sliced jalapeno, avocado, fresh tomato, red onion and slight drizzle of Bolthouse Mango Chipotle Dressing!