Shaved Asparagus & Roasted Tomato Salad
This salad is seriously addicting and takes only minutes to create! A creation of crunchy shaved asparagus ribbons, layered soft butter leaf lettuce, gorgeous splitting roasted tomatoes and topped it all off with a soft poached egg, Parmesan and a creamy Honey Mustard dressing.
- 2 cups butter leaf lettuce - chopped
- 5 asparagus spears - shaved/peeled into ribbons
- 6-8 cherry tomatoes
- 1 egg - poached
- 1 tbsp parmesan
- 1 tbsp fresh dill
- 1 tbsp fresh chives
- Pinch of salt & pepper
- Creamy Honey Mustard Dressing:
- ¼ cup plain greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp Spring Drizzle honey
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp minced chives
- ½ clove garlic - crushed
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp sweet/smoked paprika
- ⅛th tsp turmeric
- Pinch of black pepper
- Nutritional Data for Dressing:
- Per 2 tbsp:
- Calories: 55 Carbs: 9.6g Protein: 3.6g Sodium: 395mg Potassium: 9.7mg Sugars: 9g
- Make dressing first by adding all ingredients to a blender/bullet & blend until smooth, set in fridge.
- Place chopped butter leaf lettuce on plate.
- Take asparagus spears and with a peeler start to shave asparagus into ribbons (see note).
- Place asparagus ribbons on top of lettuce.
- Start boiling vinegar infused water for your poached egg.
- Turn oven on HIGH/Broil, place tomatoes on a baking sheet, you can lightly drizzle tomatoes with oil of choice, with a pinch of salt & pepper.
- Add tomatoes to center rack in oven & broil tomatoes until blistered & browned - approximately 7 minutes.
- Once water is almost at a boil - add egg & poach, approximately 2-3 minutes for soft.
- Remove tomatoes from oven, add to salad.
- Remove poached egg & carefully place on top of salad.
- Finish salad with Parmesan, fresh dill & Creamy Honey Mustard dressing.
For shaving the asparagus I use a peeler, I find it easiest to use larger spears of asparagus, lie them on a flat surface and run my peeler along the spear to create ribbons. It can be difficult to shave them while holding in your hand as they break!
Serving size: 1 large salad Calories: 160 Fat: 7.6g Saturated fat: 3.2g Carbohydrates: 7.8g Sugar: 6.5g Sodium: 242.6mg Fiber: 4.7g Protein: 14.8g Cholesterol: 192.8mg