Roasted Cheesy Garlic Chickpeas
Travelling to morocco elevated my love for chickpeas even further and then i began to experiment with the chickpeas versatility! I was craving a crunchy, healthy, snack and threw this recipe together. These are gluten and dairy free, once you have a batch made up they are delicious on their own and good on pretty much anything. I love to throw these in my purse when going to see a movie, a great and healthy alternative to the movie theater snacks!
- 1 cup canned chickpeas, drained, rinsed and dried
- ½ tsp avocado oil (or oil of choice)
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp nutritional yeast
- ¼ tsp salt
- pinch of cayenne/hot paprika (if you want a little spicy kick)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Drain and rinse chickpeas.
- Pour them onto paper towel and dab until dry.
- Put chickpeas into bowl and add the rest of your ingredients, mix until evenly coated.
- Pour chickpeas onto parchment paper lined baking sheet, ensure they are well spread apart and not crowded.
- Roast for approximately 35-40 minutes - watch them carefully as they can burn quickly.
- Let cool and get crunchin!
Serving size: ¼ cup Calories: 60 Fat: 1g Saturated fat: 0 Unsaturated fat: 0 Trans fat: 0 Carbohydrates: 7g Sugar: 0 Sodium: 285mg Fiber: 4g Protein: 4g