Roasted Beet & Garlic Hummus
Looking for a healthy, oil free, vibrant and delicious hummus? Look no further, my Roasted Beet and Garlic Hummus, made with silky white beans and earthy beets is inspired by my travels in Morocco and is incredibly delicious! Simply roast your beets and garlic, throw everything into a processor/blender and get dippin'!
- 19 fluid Oz. white kidney beans (cannellini beans) - drained and rinsed well
- 1 large red beet - roasted and chopped
- 1 head of garlic - roasted
- 3 tbsp plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- ¾ tsp cumin
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp fresh ground pepper
- Heat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cut ends off beet, place in a small oven safe dish & fill with water until beet is ½ submerged. Place lid on top and roast for 45 minutes.
- Take head of garlic and cut top off , until cloves just exposed, drizzle with a small amount of olive oil into head of garlic and wrap entire head in tinfoil tightly to create a small ball. Add ball of garlic to the oven on the middle rack, roast for 45 minutes.
- Once your beet is roasted, the peel with come off very easily, chop into pieces.
- Once your garlic is roasted, use a paper towel to hold your head of garlic (it's hot!) and squeeze it over a bowl, your beautifully roasted garlic paste will slide out, discard the outer layer.
- Throw all your ingredients into the food processor/blender and watch your white boring beans turn into a pink wonderland!
- You may need to add very small amounts of water to get the perfect consistency.
- Put in the fridge and allow hummus to cool before serving, then get dippin' those veggies and crackers!
Serving size: 1 tbsp Calories: 12 Fat: .1g Saturated fat: 0 Unsaturated fat: 0 Trans fat: 0 Carbohydrates: 2.2g Sugar: .4g Sodium: 60mg Fiber: .5g Protein: .8g Cholesterol: 0