Mexican Style Chimichurri Shrimp
Chimichurri got a Mexican make over and is packed with layers of amazing Mexican inspired flavors! Packed with fresh herby undertones, subtle heat from fresh jalapeno's and a punch of garlic. It is so versatile and can be used to marinade pretty much anything, from grilled vegetables, seafood, chicken and steak... it is a bold sauce you won't get enough of!
- 8-12 large peeled shrimp
- Chimichurri Sauce:
- ½ cup packed fresh cilantro - stems chopped
- ½ cup packed fresh parsley - stems chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 tbsp diced red onion
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar (cider vinegar works well here too)
- 1.5 tbsp dried/fresh oregano
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tbsp fresh avocado
- ½ tbsp avocado oil (olive oil also works)
- 2 tsp diced jalapeno (add more if you like heat)
- ¼ tsp salt
- Pinch of pepper
- In a food processor/blender/bullet add all of sauce ingredients and pulse until well processed and creamy, you can add a small amount of water slowly if needed for more volume to blend well.
- Peel shrimp and sprinkle with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Brush shrimp with Chimichurri Sauce and grill until cooked (shrimp turn pink)!
- Add the sauce to any meat, seafood and vegetables and grill or dip away.
- This sauce tastes best when allowed to sit over a night or two to allow flavors to develop together, but delicious fresh as well.
Serving size: 1 tbsp of sauce Calories: 20 Fat: 1.5g Saturated fat: 0.2g Carbohydrates: 1.6g Sugar: 0.2g Sodium: 74.2mg Fiber: 0.6g Protein: 0.3g