Lemon Garlic Trout on Asparagus & Creamy Cauliflower Puree
This is my go to week night dinner for a quick and simple, yet oh so gourmet looking and tasting dish. All you need is a fresh piece of trout smothered with fresh garlic, lemon & dijon, placed a top roasted asparagus and a dreamy silky garlic cauliflower puree. The best part, you will have this dish in less than 20 minutes and you didn't pay a fortune for a similar dish at a restaurant!
- 1 medium sized (140gram) piece of fresh steel-head trout (salmon is delicious as well)
- 6 spears of fresh asparagus
- 1.5 cloves garlic - minced - divided
- 2 tsp fresh lemon juice - divided
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 tsp olive oil
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Cauliflower Puree
- 2 cups raw cauliflower - chopped
- 3 tbsp water
- 1 tsp chicken/vegetable bouillon
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ½ clove garlic - crushed
- ¼ tsp salt
- Pinch of pepper
- Heat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit - if your fish has skin on it, place roasting pan/sheet in oven to heat up (this will help crisp up the fish skin).
- In a small bowl mix together ½ clove minced garlic, 1 tsp lemon juice, 1 tsp lemon zest, 1 tsp dijon mustard and pinch of salt and pepper.
- Take mixture and spread it evenly on top of your fish.
- Wash asparagus and cut rough ends off. Coat asparagus in olive oil, 1 tsp lemon juice, 1 clove of garlic minced and pinch of salt & pepper.
- Take baking sheet out of the oven, coat with a light layer of olive oil cooking spray where you will place you fish. Add fish & asparagus to tray & roast for 11-13 minutes (depending on thickness of your fish).
- Add cauliflower to a microwave safe bowl with all ingredients listed for the puree, cover with saran wrap.
- When your fish is almost done, add cauliflower bowl with water & spices to microwave & microwave for 3 minutes.
- Add steamed cauliflower to your blender/bullet (be careful removing saran wrap, it's hot!).
- Blend until smooth and creamy, if it is too thick to blend well, add small amounts of hot warm until you reach your desired consistency.
- Pour cauliflower puree onto plate, place roasted asparagus on top of puree, then your trout!
- You can add a grain of your choice if you're really hungry, quinoa is perfect in this dish!
Serving size: 1 dinner Calories: 230 Fat: 8.8g Saturated fat: 0.8g Unsaturated fat: 3.2g Trans fat: 0 Carbohydrates: 17g Sugar: 7g Sodium: 740mg Fiber: 7g Protein: 19.5g Cholesterol: 35.9mg