Green Thai Chicken Curry
You will love this aromatic, creamy and fresh Green Thai Chicken Curry! Skip ordering in or eating out and create your own yummy curry dish. Full of colorful veggies and tender chicken, a little bit of green curry heat and that creamy coconut milk to tie all those flavors in. Serve over rice, cauliflower rice or a bed of spinach!
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 1 tbsp Thai Green Curry spice blend/paste (see note)
- 1.5 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp tamari/soy sauce
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 3 cloves garlic - minced
- 2 tsp fresh grated ginger
- 2 tsp fresh grated turmeric (or 1 tsp dried)
- 1 small sweet yellow onion - sliced
- 2 cups coconut milk
- ½ cup chicken stock
- 2 large skinless boneless chicken breasts - cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 large green bell pepper - sliced into strips
- 1 large red bell pepper - sliced into strips
- 1 large carrot - peeled and thinly sliced pieces
- 1 cup canned baby corn
- 2 packed cups fresh spinach
- Handful of fresh basil - coarsely chopped
- Heat coconut oil in large saute pan over medium meat.
- Add first 7 ingredients to pan and allow spices to get fragrant, approximately 3-5 minutes.
- Add onions and saute until just softened, approximately 5 minutes.
- Pour in coconut milk and chicken stock, bring to an almost boil.
- Once liquid almost boiling, add chicken and carrots, decrease heat to medium/low, cover with lid, cook for 10 minutes.
- Add the rest of vegetables, except spinach, cover and cook another 15-20 minutes.
- Once vegetables softened, add spinach and basil and cook until just wilted.
- Serve on cauliflower rice, rice of choice or bed of fresh spinach!
For the Thai Green Curry spice blend, I used the Silk Road Spice Merchant brand, I buy it at the Calgary Farmer's Market. I typically like to make my own spice mixes but it can be difficult finding lemongrass and galangal root during this season and this spice blend is truly delicious! I'm sure you can alternatively use any Thai Green Curry Paste as well. On the label it recommends making the spice blend into a paste with fish sauce and lime juice. You can either premix the spice with the directed amounts on my recipe or add it to the pan all together as per recipe instructions.
Serving size: 1 serving Calories: 275 Fat: 9.7g Carbohydrates: 17.4g Sugar: 7.8g Sodium: 485.1mg Fiber: 6.3g Protein: 30.1g