Good For You Banana Zucchini Bread
Seriously, a good for you baked Banana Zucchini Bread that is actually delicious as heck, moist, filling, sneaks a veggie serving in and perfect for breakfast, snacks, dessert... anything you want! Its so darn tasty.
- Wet Ingredients:
- 2 large ripe bananas - mashed
- 1 cup loosely packed- finely grated zucchini (i used yellow, green will also work)
- 2 large eggs
- ⅓ cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk (or milk of your choice)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- Dry Ingredients:
- ¾ cup (120 gram) Teff flour (Bob's Red Mill brand at most grocer's or Bulk Barn)
- ½ cup (45 grams) rolled oats
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- ¼ tsp pink Himalayan salt
- ¼ cup chocolate chips (I use Krisda or Foley's no sugar added chocolate chips, cheapest in Save on Foods bulk section)
- Preheat oven to 350 Fahrenheit.
- Grease a standard 8x4 loaf pan well, I use avocado oil.
- Mash bananas and add to finely grated zucchini, along with all your other wet ingredients, mix well.
- Mix all your dry ingredients together except the chocolate chips.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix well.
- Fold in chocolate chips or mixing of your choice, walnuts are also delicious!
- Bake for 45-55 minutes, it will vary on your oven, use a toothpick to check, when the toothpick comes out clean with no wet better, it is done.
- Let it cool then remove from pan and slice/serve!
Serving size: 1 slice Calories: 155 Fat: 3.8g Saturated fat: 1.3g Trans fat: 0 Carbohydrates: 28.2g Sugar: 6.9g Sodium: 192mg Fiber: 3.4g Protein: 5g Cholesterol: 46.5mg