Curried Shrimp Squash Noodle Bowl
Forget take-out, this quick and easy flavor layered Curried Shrimp Noodle Bowl full of hidden veggies and juicy shrimp is way better and healthier!
- 1 small butternut squash - peeled & spiraled into noodles, or cut into small chunks
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp olive oil
- ½ large yellow onion - sliced
- 2 cloves garlic - crushed
- 1 tsp fresh ginger - grated
- 1 tsp yellow curry (I use medium curry)
- 1½ tsp lime juice
- ¼ tsp salt
- Fresh ground black pepper to taste
- Pinch of cayenne
- 2 large Roma tomatoes - diced
- 1 cup vegetable/chicken broth
- ¾ cup pumpkin puree
- ½ cup lite coconut milk
- 8-10 raw shrimp, peeled
- 2 tbsp fresh basil - chopped
- 1 tbsp roasted cashews - crumbled
- Your choice of noodle - I use thick rice noodles so yummy!
- Heat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Add your butternut squash noodles/chunks to the tray and drizzle with a little bit of your preferred oil and sprinkle with salt, pepper and garlic powder, put in the oven for 20 minutes, flipping half way.
- Heat 1 tsp olive/coconut oil in a sauté pan over medium heat.
- Add your onions, garlic, ginger, lime juice, curry, salt, pepper and cayenne, allow to cook down until onions begin to soften and your spices are fragrant, about 8 minutes.
- Add your chopped tomatoes, stock, coconut milk and pumpkin puree, stir well and allow to simmer for another 8 minutes.
- Add your shrimp into the sauce and cover with a lid, allow them to cook for 5 minutes or so until opaque, pink and cooked through.
- Start making your rice noodles as per package.
- Your butternut should be done roasting, take it out of the oven and add them to your curry with the 2 tbsp of basil.
- Mix well, once noodles are done, toss them into your curry sauce until well coated then transfer to your fav bowl.
- Top off your Curried Shrimp Squash Noodle Bowl with your crumbled cashews and extra basil, devour!
Serving size: 2 Calories: 330 Fat: 8.8g Trans fat: 0 Carbohydrates: 50.9 Sugar: 11.8 Fiber: 10.4g Protein: 15.1 Cholesterol: 84