Crustless Chai Pumpkin Pie
This Gluten Free Crustless Chai Pumpkin Pie is a healthy and light alternative to the typical heavy pumpkin pies out there. It is soft, creamy, with a hit of spicy chai and pumpkin flavors, the best part is... 50 calories for a large slice! So layer on that coconut whipped cream all you want, okay in moderation i suppose... enjoy!
- Wet ingredients:
- 2 cups + 2.5 tbsp (15oz) pure pumpkin puree (not the pumpkin pie filling)
- 1 cup unsweetened cashew/almond milk
- ¼ cup maple syrup (I use E.D. Smith no sugar added Maple Syrup)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Dry Ingredients:
- ⅓ cup buckwheat flour (oat flour works as well, but pie comes out a little softer)
- 1 tbsp ground flax seed
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp pumpkin spice
- .5 tsp chai spice mix (I use Silk Road Spice Merchant Chai Mix)
- 0.5 tsp nutmeg
- 0.5 tsp salt
- 0.5 tbsp cornstarch (mixed in with 0.5 tbsp water until no chunks remain)
- Heat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Lightly grease a 9 inch circular cake pan.
- Mix all dry ingredients well in a medium bowl.
- Mix all wet ingredients in another bowl until well mixed (except cornstarch).
- Mix dry ingredients into wet until well mixed - i hand mix it.
- Mix in the cornstarch mixed with a little water at the very end into batter.
- This pie is not overly sweet, if you like more on the sweeter side add a little more sweetener of choice, I have added Vanilla Stevia drops before and it was delicious.
- Add batter to lightly greased pan and bake for 40-45 minutes.
- Crust will be browned, the inside will still be quite soft.
- Let it cool completely then put in the fridge for an hour, it will be set and perfect to cut into after that!
- This is amazing with coconut whipped cream, i usually make my own with the cream off the top of coconut milk whipped with a touch of coconut sugar, or when you just don't have time, Superstore and Save on Foods sells "Real Coconut Whipped Cream" by the brand GayLea which is amazing!
If you have buckwheat groats, you can make your own buckwheat flour in 30 seconds! Add groats to a blender, blend until it makes a flour and you have flour!
Serving size: 1 slice Calories: 50 Fat: 0.9g Saturated fat: 0.1g Unsaturated fat: .8g Trans fat: 0 Carbohydrates: 9.3g Sugar: 2.6g Sodium: 194mg Fiber: 2.5g Protein: 1.7g Cholesterol: 0