Chili Lime Beet Chips
Snacky? Reach for these healthy and mouth watering golden and red beet chips, dusted in chili, garlic and lime! Made on the BBQ for an elevated smoky element, they can be baked as well!
- 1 red beet - washed well and sliced thinly
- 1 golden beet - washed well and sliced thinly
- 1 tsp avocado oil
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp lime zest
- ½ tsp sea salt
- I use a mandolin to thinly slice beets into chips, as thin as you can.
- Toss beets in oil, dust evenly with chili, garlic, salt and lime zest.
- Place on high rack of BBQ on low heat, the bottom rack will work on low heat but watch carefully, they can char quickly!
- You can put them directly on the grill or on tinfoil then onto the grill.
- Grill 10 minutes per side.
- Allow to cool completely so they can get crunchy, then munch away!
Serving size: 1 cup Calories: 58 Fat: 1.3g Saturated fat: .2g Unsaturated fat: .2g Carbohydrates: 10.7g Sugar: 7.1g Sodium: 390mg Fiber: 3.1g Protein: 1.8g Cholesterol: 0