Happy first day of Spring everyone! The Spring equinox is upon us and this calls for a celebration I’d say, I am so looking forward to Spring showers, warmer days, green grass and blossoming flowers. So I created a dish that transitions us from the cool winters into the hopes of Spring, a vibrant and fresh vegetable packed Green Thai Chicken Curry!
Quick curry dishes are a go to weeknight meal for me fore-sure and make darn tasty leftovers for your lunch the next day. With Spring here but cool days still lingering, I was craving a warm bowl of goodness packed with fresh and in season veggies balanced with the heat from the curry. I always get my bell peppers from Gull Valley Growers at the Farmer’s Market, seriously the best produce EVER! Their peppers are sweet, crunchy and hold so much flavor, they definitely elevate this curry to the next level! My Green Thai Chicken Curry is hearty with fresh bell peppers, sweet carrots, pops of crunch from flavor infused baby corn, fresh green spinach, tender juicy chicken pieces and that creamy green curry infused coconut broth ties it all together.
I know at times finding all the ingredients for exotic curry dishes can be daunting and can have you running around the city to different stores to find all those rare roots and grasses… this is my case all too often. I stumbled upon the Silk Road Spice Merchant’s Green Thai Curry blend, which is a mixture of all those ingredients that can be tiresome to find! It is such a great alternative when my grocery stores aren’t carrying everything I need and brings such an authentic aromatic flavor to this curry, then I elevated it with a few more spices and it was perfection!
Try this Green Thai Chicken Curry for dinner tonight, it is so simple to throw together and impressively packs a ton of flavor for the minimal time and effort put into creating this dish!
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 1 tbsp Thai Green Curry spice blend/paste
- 1.5 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp tamari/soy sauce
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 3 cloves garlic – minced
- 2 tsp fresh grated ginger
- 2 tsp fresh grated turmeric (or 1 tsp dried)
- 1 small sweet yellow onion – sliced
- 2 cups coconut milk
- ½ cup chicken stock
- 2 large skinless boneless chicken breasts – cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 large green bell pepper – sliced into strips
- 1 large red bell pepper – sliced into strips
- 1 large carrot – peeled and thinly sliced pieces
- 1 cup canned baby corn
- 2 packed cups fresh spinach
- Handful of fresh basil – coarsely chopped
- Heat coconut oil in large saute pan over medium meat.
- Add first 7 ingredients to pan and allow spices to get fragrant, approximately 3-5 minutes.
- Add onions and saute until just softened, approximately 5 minutes.
- Pour in coconut milk and chicken stock, bring to an almost boil.
- Once liquid almost boiling, add chicken and carrots, decrease heat to medium/low, cover with lid, cook for 10 minutes.
- Add the rest of vegetables, except spinach, cover and cook another 15-20 minutes.
- Once vegetables softened, add spinach and basil and cook until just wilted.
- Serve on cauliflower rice, rice of choice or bed of fresh spinach!