Buckwheat Crepes & Honey Ginger Pears
I adore crepes and stuffing them with delicious fillings, so I created these tasty and healthy buckwheat crepes with warm, honey & ginger pears to stuff these beautiful crepes with! The best part is only healthy and wholesome ingredients are used, so you can enjoy every last bite of goodness without feeling like you over indulged!
- For Crepes:
- ½ cup unsweetened almond milk
- 4 large egg whites
- ¼ cup (30 grams) buckwheat flour
- ½ tsp almond extract
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- ¼ tsp salt
- For Pear Filling:
- 2 ripe pears - sliced into bite size pieces
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- ½ tsp fresh grated ginger
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- Other fillings such as Greek yogurt/ricotta, slivered almonds etc
- Mix your batter for the crepes by mixing wet ingredients together well with a whisk.
- Mix dry ingredients well and slowly add it to your wet ingredients, whisking until well combined.
- Allow batter to rest in the fridge while you prepare your pears.
- Heat medium saute pan on medium/low heat, add water, vanilla, lemon juice, ginger, cinnamon and cut up pears.
- Allow pears to simmer and slowly cook down, approximately 10-15 minutes.
- The pears will begin to soften and the sauce will caramelize and thicken.
- Turn down heat to low and keep the mixture warm while making crepes.
- Heat medium nonstick flat pan or crepe pan, oil lightly with oil of choice. I use avocado oil in spray form which give the pan a perfect light oil.
- Take your crepe batter and give it a soft mix, pour enough batter to cover the bottom of the pan in a thin layer, but thick enough to be able to hold filling!
- Once you see the bubbles on the top of the crepes pop, flip your crepe gently. They only take 45-60 seconds a side to cook, watch them carefully!
- Make all your crepes until batter is used up.
- The fun part, stuffing that crepe with those gorgeous warmed pears!
- Lay out your crepe, I like to put a layer of plain Greek or Plain yogurt (I love Oikios Plain Greek Yogurt, it has a slight tartness that compliments the sweet pears so well. Then add your warm pears on top of the yogurt and wrap your crepe!
- I've always eaten my crepes with my hands... is that a sin? Pick em up and yum!
Serving size: 2 crepes with ½ Pear Filling Calories: 185 Fat: .12g Carbohydrates: 39.3g Sugar: 22.1g Sodium: 344mg Fiber: 6.2g Protein: 7.6g