Blackened Grilled Salmon & Kale Bowl
Grilled bowls of goodness are where it's at...a fresh piece of salmon, sweet potato wedges and crispy kale, dusted in my blackening seasoning, then grilled to perfection and topped off with fresh sweet tomatoes, ribbons of zuchinni and creamy avocado. This seasoning is so flavorful and makes everything taste unreal, a tasty dinner in under 30 minutes at your fingertips!
- 1 piece of fresh salmon
- ½ small sweet potato - skin on, cut into wedges
- 1 large leaf of kale, stem removed
- 5 cherry tomatoes - halved
- ¼ zuchinni - spiralized into ribbons
- ¼ avocado - cut into wedges
- 1 tsp fresh lime juice
- For blackening seasoning:
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- ½ tsp dried thyme
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- Pinch cayenne (add more if you like heat!)
- Pinch cinnamon
- Add all spices together for blackening spice blend, mix well.
- Add sweet potato wedges to a bowl, toss in ½ tsp oil, 1 tsp lime juice and ⅓ seasoning mix.
- Take kale leaf with stem removed, massage lime juice and seasoning blend into leaf well.
- Marinate salmon piece in ½ tsp lime juice, ½ tsp oil and dredge in spice mix until evenly coated.
- Heat BBQ, add potato wedges to the top rack on medium heat, grill 8 minutes per side.
- Add salmon to grill medium/high (a one inch piece of salmon typically takes 8-10 minutes) flip halfway.
- Add kale leaf to top rack of BBQ, grill 8-10 minutes, watch closely it crisps quickly!
- Time to build your bowl, layer your sweet potatoes, crispy kale, blackened salmon and top with fresh zuchinni, tomatoes and creamy avocado. Devour!
Serving size: 1 bowl Calories: 350 Fat: 11.1g Saturated fat: 2.4g Carbohydrates: 38.5 Sugar: 12.5 Sodium: 702mg Fiber: 8 Protein: 25.7 Cholesterol: 56.4