Banana Rhubarb Date Mini Muffins
When fresh tart seasonal rhubarb meets sweet banana and dates in a muffin style, it is heaven! These mini muffins are so moist with bites of melted caramel like dates and chunks of tart rhubarb for the perfect contrast. Perfect on their own or amazing with yogurt for that perfect breakfast!
- 2 cups quick oats
- 2 medium very ripe bananas
- 2 whole eggs
- 1 cup whole pitted dates
- ¾ cup diced fresh rhubarb
- ½ cup pure pumpkin puree (I use canned)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- Pinch of cardamom
- For oat topping:
- ¼ cup large oat flakes
- 1 tsp pure vanilla/vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Add all ingredients for the muffins, except rhubarb, into a food processor/blender or large bowl and mix well.
- Fold rhubarb into batter.
- Add large oat flakes & vanilla together.
- Add batter to lined muffin pans, top with vanilla oats.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
Serving size: 1 mini muffin Calories: 40 Fat: 0.6g Carbohydrates: 7.7g Sugar: 3g Sodium: 23.5mg Fiber: 0.9g Protein: 1.4g Cholesterol: 10.9mg