Asian Buddha Bliss Bowl
This gorgeous Asian inspired Buddha Bowl of Bliss is brimming with so many nutrients and the colors of the rainbow. This bowl is jam packed with wholesome and gorgeous ingredients down to the very bottom. Drizzle my spoon licking, Ginger Garlic Tahini Sauce, over the crispy purple yams, roasted tahini kale chips, sweet crunchy peas, earthy beets, carrots, peppers, fresh and light zuchinni and cucumbers, creamy avocado, melt in your mouth mango and warm nourishing brown rice. Trust me, the preparation is so worth the flavors that harmoniously come together in your mouth!
- ½ cup Brown/Wild Rice/Quinoa
- 1 small purple yam cut into fries
- 1 cup chopped kale
- ½ zuchinni - spiralized into medium noodles
- ½ cucumber - spiralized into medium noodles or cut into thin strips
- ½ large carrot - spiralized into small noodles
- ½ red beet - spiralized into small noodles
- ½ red bell pepper - sliced
- ½ mango peeled and chopped
- ½ avocado sliced
- 10 sweet snap peas - cut in half
- Handful enoki mushrooms (Sobey's & Superstore have them)
- Ginger Garlic Tahini Sauce:
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 2 tbsp ED Smith Sugar Free Maple Syrup
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp Tamari (gluten free soy sauce or use regular soy sauce)
- 2 tsp fresh grated ginger
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- pinch of salt and pepper
- Cook rice/quinoa as per box directions.
- Heat oven to 425 degrees, lightly oil yams and sprinkle with salt and pepper and put into oven on baking sheet for approximately 20 minutes, flipping half way.
- Prepare ingredients as per ingredient list.
- Prepare dressing by blending all sauce ingredients for 1 minute or until smooth in a bullet/blender.
- Chop kale and put a tsp of Ginger Garlic dressing on kale leaves until lightly battered, add kale to your baking sheet with yams when you have 8 minutes left on the timer.
- Once rice is done, add desired amount to bowl.
- Time to get creative, add your ingredients to your bowl as desired!
- Your yam fries and kale should be done, add to the bowl last, drizzle the Asian Buddha Bowl of Bliss with the tangy and creamy dressing!
- Get ready for a slight Buddha belly after this heart warming and belly filling bowl!
- Allow the flavors and nourishing ingredients nourish your body!