Smoked Salmon Benny with a Kick
Mornings deserve delicious eats to prepare you for your busy day, this healthy and satisfying smoked salmon eggs benny hits both those marks and the avocado sauce has a little zesty kick to start your day off right!
- 2 portabello mushroom caps
- 1 tbsp oil - divided - oil to lightly brush mushrooms and to heat on pan (i use avocado oil)
- ½ leek thinly sliced (white end)
- ¼ yellow onion thinly sliced
- 1 clove garlic diced
- 2 cups fresh spinach leaves
- ¼ tsp salt
- ⅛th tsp pepper
- 1 avocado sliced - divided
- 50 grams smoked salmon
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh chives for topping
- 1 tsp chopped fresh dill for topping
- Poached Eggs:
- 2 eggs - poached
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp white vinegar
- ½ avocado
- ¼ cup non fat plain greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp water or preferred milk (i use unsweetened plain almond milk)
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic
- ½ tsp dill fresh
- pinch chipotle powder
- pinch salt & pepper each
- Turn oven on 425 degrees Farenheit
- Wash and dry portabello caps, lightly brush both sides of mushrooms with preferred oil, add a pinch of salt and pepper on each.
- Put mushrooms on baking sheet and put in oven to roast while preparing the rest of your dish, approximately 15-20 minutes.
- Heat medium skillet over medium heat and add remainder of oil.
- Once oil and pan are heated add leeks, onion, garlic, salt and pepper - saute for approximately 10 minutes until leeks are softened and onions are translucent.
- Add in washed spinach to mixture, allow it to wilt into mixture, approximately 2 minutes, set mixture to the side.
- Poaching eggs:
- Fill deep 2 quart skillet with approximately 1 inch of water adding in 1 tsp salt and 2 tsp vinegar.
- Bring water to a near boil and stir water in a circular motion lightly, crack eggs into moving water one at a time, allow eggs to poach for 5 minutes, remove with slotted spoon when done.
- Into a blender/small food processor add ½ avocado, greek yogurt, water/milk, lemon juice, mustard, garlic, dill, chipotle powder, salt and pepper and blend until smooth. Add in any extra necessary salt/pepper/chipotle to season to taste.
- Take mushrooms out of the oven and transfer to plate.
- Add 1 tsp of sauce into bottom of mushroom caps, fill mushrooms with onion, leek, spinach mixture, top with smoked salmon, carefully lay down poached egg, lay sliced avocado pieces on top of avocado and drizzle the rest of sauce over top. Sprinkle with fresh dill & chives - dig in!